Sunday 17 March 2013

incipit

Hey Everyone,

So I've had this Idea in my head for a while to start a drawing Blog Chronicling my attempt to become a better artist. As some would know I am actually a professional comic-book 'Colorist' meaning usually I color other peoples drawings, which is pretty awesome dont get me wrong Its an artform all on its own, I like my job and I'm not really looking to do anything professionally as a full artist for hire (though as I get better I could change my mind) , I just want to be able to visualize my own Ideas and get a few of my own projects off the ground.

so in this blog you'll probably see a lot of different things, little digitally painted scribbles quick full color sketches of recognizable characters, anatomy studies and hopefully some finished pieces. I'm setting a loose goal of being able to draw a 10 page comic-book preview with a cover by the end of the year.

Here are some Quick sketches I did for practice, all references Acquired through Googling Olympic sports then mixed with my brain! I was doing a 5 minute each thing with these some of them turned out great, others (the wrestlers) not so great. I didnt do alot of deep study of anatomy before doing these (like 2 weeks ago now) I have since really taken to 'reading' anatomy books, not just looking at the pictures and I've noticed alot of improvements in drawings I'll be posting here shortly.


And here are some random color doodles I did for fun a while back, mainly working on facial expressions, wrinkles, anatomy etc. these are quite old now, 3 or so months infact. referances taken indiscriminately from photo's (stock and otherwise) movie stills etc

thanks for looking! Hoping to have some much newer and much better stuff to look at soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment