Tuesday 26 March 2013

Dark Samus Process.

Hey Everyone!

So, I gave myself a bit of free time this week to try and work on something a bit more finished. I do alot of more finished work of OC's but I dont like sharing those. so I thought I'd do some fanart instead. one of the characters I have always wanted to be able to draw well is Samus from the metroid series, so I thought I'd draw her, but while searching google for referance I found this picture of Dark Samus Instead, so I thought I'd give this a shot.



So I started the piece really small and rough, and redrew over the top of it repeatedly until I liked the figure/pose.


I added some shading smoothed everything out added some color, did a few final tweaks, then I hated it and gave up. lol I suck at the finish I really do, whenever I try to clean up a piece I always feel like I lose alot of the original energy of the sketch. Something I need to work on. I might revisit it a bit later when I've learned more but I'm burned out on it now.

 practice makes perfect and considering it was just a bit of fun I dont mind the result. one of the big problems I found was I wasn't really able to understand the detail in the referance as it was so small and it was the only one I could find of the same costume. I probably would have been better off Drawing normal samus ;)

1 comment: